When Should I Get a Hearing Screening?Posted on December 28, 2013 by ECR Louisville in Blog, Hearing Loss
Dec 23rd, 2011
Featuring Linda Donaldson, Clinical Audiologist, MA CCC-A FAAA
Well the answer is easy: now is the time!
In order to help identify when you should get a hearing screening ask yourself these important questions:
- Do you have difficulty understanding what people are saying, especially when there are competing voices or background noise?
- Do you have muffled hearing?
- Are you listening to the television or radio at a higher volume than in the past?
- Do you avoid conversation and certain social interactions?
- Are you depressed because hearing loss is affecting your social life?
- Do you have a ringing, roaring,hissing, or buzzing in the ear?
- Do you notice dizziness when moving your head?
- Do you have ear pain, itching, or irritation?
Note: these are just a few questions and not an exhaustive list!
If you answered any or most of these questions with a “Yes,” then you should get your hearing tested at Avada Hearing Care Center today. We recommend that you should get your hearing tested, annually. Hearing conservation experts agree that your hearing should be tested at least once a year. Hearing loss increases as a function of age, especially for frequencies at 2000 Hz and above.
Most patients tend to ignore any hearing loss effects and delay their decision to seek hearing care services. Even after some patients get diagnosed with a hearing problem they do nothing about it.
Good hearing health is critical for an overall sense of well-being. It impacts the quality of life, safety, communication abilities and connectedness to a world filled with sound.
At Avada we offer FREE hearing screenings. Please allow me to encourage you to call your nearest location today and schedule your FREE hearing screening. It could change your life—for the better!
About The Author:
Linda Donaldson, Clinical Audiologist, MA CCC-A FAAA